On May 2019, Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School and Tencent co-established the Interactive Media Design and Technology Center to carry out professional master’s education. Integrating the latest industry into education, the Center aims at cultivating leaders and producers in the Interactive Media Industry. Its first batch of students will enroll in 2020. On April 2020, IMDT reached a cooperation with USC Games, School of Cinematic Arts of the University of Southern California, and invited Professor Tracy Fullerton (the author of Game Design Workshop) as the head of the cooperation to create a world-class interactive media design and technology major.
What will I learn?
Duration: 2-3 years
Mode of instruction: 'School tutor & Corporate tutor' dual tutor system
- Year 1: professional foundation courses and summer/winter workshops.
- Year 2: besides in-class courses, there will be opportunities for students to participate in internship projects at leading Chinese enterprises in the interactive media industry.
Who should apply?
- Have experience or show interest in interactive media (game, film, animation, literature, design etc.)
- Innovative and good at design thinking.
- Most of the courses are taught in Chinese and require Chinese language skill
How do I apply?
Phase 1: Register
a. Fill in the application online: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn
b. Upload application documents:
•Tsinghua University International Graduate Program Application Form
•Photocopy of passport personal information page (If the applicant is formerly a Chinese citizen
and later a foreign national, a certificate of cancellation of the Chinese household registration or a
statement of proof must be provided )
•Original bachelor's degree certificate (Students who have not graduated can provide a pregraduation certificate, then provide the original certificate once the degree is obtained).
•Original transcript of undergraduate degree.
•Two or more letters of recommendation from professors/ professionals in related industries
•If you have portfolios related to interactive media (game, film, animation, literature, design,
etc.), compile as a PDF and upload as other supplementary materials.
•GRE or GMAT score provided voluntarily.
c. Pay the application fee online.
Phase 2: Interview.
Application Schedule (GMT+08:00)
1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15, 2020——17:00 PM Dec 15, 2020
2nd Round: 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2021——17:00 PM Mar 1, 2021
Jessie Shen, Project Manager:
(1) Admission to SIGS 2021: https://www.sigs.tsinghua.edu.cn/en/2020/1012/c1402a23273/page.htm
(2) Apply online: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn
Download Program Information