1. Fill in the application information online: http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn
2. Upload application documents
3. Pay the application fee (800 CNY) online
Application Schedule (GMT+08:00)
1st Round: 8:00 AM Oct 15,2020- 17:00 PM Dec 15, 2020
2nd Round: 8:00 AM Jan 1, 2021- 17:00 PM Mar 1, 2021
3rd Round: 8:00 AM Mar 2, 2021- 17:00 PM Apr 30, 2021
*The winter break of THU will be from Jan 14, 2021 to Feb 19, 2021. The application system will still be available during the winter break, but online verification might be delayed due to the vacation. Applicants are therefore recommended to complete their application at least two or three weeks in advance.
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
1. Personal statement. Master's degree program applicants should submit a Personal Statement. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both a Personal Statement and a brief introduction of their research experience or research plan. (The Personal Statement should be filled out in accordance with the requirements of university template http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/yzlxs/yz_lxs_kstzb/view?id=499762).
2. Degree certificate. Master's degree program applicants should submit their Bachelor's degree certificate. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit both their Master's and Bachelor's degree certificates. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline shall provide the expected graduation certificate first, and the degree diploma must be submitted before registration. (Applicants who have graduated are recommended to provide a certified copy or an authentication of the degree diploma at the same time. The certified copy/ authentication and the original degree diploma should be combined into one PDF file and uploaded to the application system. For details, please check the following link http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/yzlxs/yz_lxs_kstzb/view?id=499763)
3. Academic transcript. Master's degree program applicants should submit the academic transcript of their undergraduate study. Doctoral degree program applicants should submit academic transcripts of both graduate and undergraduate studies. Applicants who will not graduate before the application deadline shall provide their current academic transcript. In this case, the completed academic transcript must be submitted before registration.
4. HSK certificate and score report for programs offered in Chinese. For related requirements, please check the program remarks in the 'Catalog of Graduate Programs 2021'. Applicants who have completed their undergraduate or master's studies in Chinese must provide a certificate issued from the university that they have graduated from. After obtaining permission from the applied school/department, they can be exempted from submitting the HSK score certificate.
5. Two academic recommendation letters from scholars who hold the title of associate professor or higher, or senior professionals in a related academic field. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references.
6. Passport personal information page (personal and ordinary passport). (According to Article 3 of the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, any individual who was a Chinese national and then acquired a foreign nationality shall provide a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household registration issued by the police station where the original household registration is located.)
7. Some programs may require additional application documents; please check the program remarks in the 'Catalog of Graduate Programs 2021'.
8. For information on the required documents for Bachelor degree holders who wish to pursue Doctoral degrees, please see the 'Application Instructions for Bachelor's Degree Holders to Pursue Doctoral Degrees'. http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/yzlxs/yz_lxs_kstzb/view?id=357989
1. THU admits students based on evaluation of their application documents together with a comprehensive assessment. The application materials are reviewed by an expert group, and the candidates for the comprehensive assessment will be selected based on the review results. The comprehensive assessment is generally based on interviews. The specific content, format, requirements and time arrangements will be further notified to applicants who enter the comprehensive assessment by SIGS programs.
2. SIGS comprehensively considers the results of material review, comprehensive assessment and other factors, selects the best candidates, and determines the admission list. A Certificate of Admission will be issued by THU Graduate Admissions Office after the final admission result is released. Prior to this, applicants may check their admission status via this Application System.
SIGS provide accommodation for all full-time graduate students. School accommodation is automatically reserved for admitted students and students do not to apply on their own. Housing for admitted international students is coordinated by the University Town of Shenzhen (UTSZ). For reference, the housing rate for 2020 is 1000 per month for single bedroom and 500 per month for double bedrooms. Students who wish to live off-campus are required to provide the International Student and Scholar Office (email@example.com) with their address, and are responsible for completing a 'Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors' within 24 hours of moving in.
Admitted students should apply for a student visa (X1 visa). In order to do so, they must take the following documents to the Embassy or Consulate of the People's Republic of China in their home country. The required documents are: personal and ordinary passport, Certificate of Admission, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), and original Form of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners (as well as other original documents of physical examination). Students must enter China with an ordinary passport and X1 visa, and must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days after arrival in China.
Students are required to arrive at Tsinghua SIGS (along with the original versions of required documents) and complete their university registration during the dates indicated in the Admission package.
Normally, registration is held in late August. All students should present the required original degree certificates, and submit the degree copies certified by degree conferring institutions or certification authorities upon registration at Tsinghua University for enrollment qualification review. Students who fail the enrollment qualification review will be disqualified from enrollment and study at Tsinghua SIGS.