1) 09/2005~07/2008, PhD., Department of Biological Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology
2) 09/2001~07/2004, Master, School of Marine Science, Shanghai Ocean University
3) 09/1997~07/2001, Bachelor degree, School of Animal Science, Hunan Agriculture University
1) 01/2014~now, Assoc. Prof., Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School
2) 09/2013~09/2014, Visiting scholar, Woods Holes Oceanographic Insitutite, USA
3) 08/2010~08/2013, Assi Prof., Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
4) 08/2008~08/2010, Postdoctoral, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
5) 08/2004~08/2005, Researcher, Chiatia Conti Group, Shenzhen
1) The Associate editor of Frontiers in Microbiology (SCI journal, IF=5.52, JCR 1).
2) The Associate editor of Frontiers in Marine Science (SCI journal, IF=4.0, JCR 1).
3) The editoral board member of Plos One (SCI journal, IF=3.24, JCR 2).
4) The editoral board member of Frontiers in Bioscience (Landmark) (SCI journal, IF=4.00, JCR 2).
1) Theory and application of marine microbial ecology (2 credits, 32 hours/year)
2) The mechanisms and control of marine biological disaster (2 credits, 32 hours/year)
3) Marine Biological Prespective (3 credits, 48 hours/year, I undertake 32 class hours)
Master’s & Ph.D. Advising
1) Since 2011, 19 master students graduated from my lab. One student received excellent thesis award of Tsinghua University in 2020, three students were rated as outstanding graduates of Tsinghua University, and one graduate was awarded the “Winner of Outstanding Achievement in Professional Practice” in China.
2) Supervision of Postdoctoral
There are 2 postdoctors under independent guidance, one of whom has achieved fruitful results, including NSFC and postdoctoral fundings, and the other has published 5 papers in JCR1 district. At present, she works in Hainan University
Marine microbial ecological process and molecular mechanisms.
Marine microbial behaviour mechanisms under quorum sensing.
1) Gao C, Zeng YH, Li CY, Li L, Cai ZH, Zhou J*. Bisphenol A biodegradation by Sphingonomas sp. YK5 is regulated by acyl-homoserine lactone signaling molecules. Sci Total Environ. 2022;802:149898.
2) Qingchao Li, Bo Wang, Yanhua Zeng, Zhong-Hua Cai, Zhou J*. The anti-biofouling potential and microbial mechanisms of a novel photosensitive material (treated rape pollen) in marine environment. International Journal of Molecular Science. 2022; 2:12-23.
3) Zhang SJ, Zeng YH, Zhu JM, Cai ZH, Zhou J*. The structure and assembly mechanisms of plastisphere microbial community in natural marine environment. J Hazard Mater. 2022;421:126780.
4) Jianming Zhu, KeKe Cheng, Guofu Chen, Jin Zhou*, Zhong-Hua Cai. Complete genome sequence of Vibrio maritimus BH16, a siderophore-producing mutualistic bacterium isolated from diatom Skeletonema costatum. Molecular Plant Microbes Interactions, 2022, in press.
5) Jianming Zhu, Guofu Chen, Jin Zhou*, Yanhua Zeng, Keke Cheng, Zhonghua Cai. Dynamic patterns of quorum sensing signals in phycospheric microbes during a marine algal bloom. Environmental Research, 2022, in press.
6) Mangi AH, Yan Q, Song X, Song J, Lan X, Zhou J* and Cai ZH*. Oyster Biodeposition Alleviates Sediment Nutrient Overload: A Case Study at Shenzhen Bay, China. Front. Microbiol. 2021, 12:716201.
7) Zhu JM, Zhou J*, Wang H, Chen GF, Cai ZH. The ecological network approach to algal-bacterial relationships: Review and prospects (in Chinese). Chin. Sci. Bull., 2021, doi: 10.1360/TB-2021-0314.
8) Zhang Q, Wang Y, Zhou J*. Complete Genome Sequence of Stenotrophomonas rhizophila KC1, a Quorum Sensing-Producing Algicidal Bacterium Isolated from Mangrove Kandelia candel. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2021:MPMI12200346A.
9) Zeng YH, Cheng KK, Cai ZH, Zhu JM, Du XP, Wang Y, Zhou J*. Transcriptome analysis expands the potential roles of quorum sensing in biodegradation and physiological responses to microcystin. Sci Total Environ. 2021;771:145437.
10) Zhang C, Du XP, Zeng YH, Zhu JM, Zhang SJ, Cai ZH, Zhou J*. The communities and functional profiles of virioplankton along a salinity gradient in a subtropical estuary. Sci Total Environ. 2021;759:143499.
11) Feng S, Zeng Y, Cai Z, Wu J, Chan LL, Zhu J, Zhou J*. Polystyrene microplastics alter the intestinal microbiota function and the hepatic metabolism status in marine medaka (Oryzias melastigma). Sci Total Environ. 2021;759:143558.
12) Wu KB, Ying KZ, Zhou J, Liu D., Liu L, Tao Y, Hanotu J, Zhu XS, Cai ZH*. Optimizing the growth of Haematococcus pluvialis based on a novel microbubble-driven photobioreactor. 2021, iScience. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2021.103461.
13) Zhou J*, Wu YA. Changing color can have healthy benefits. Frontiers in Ecology and Environment. 2020, 4:306.
14) Zhou J, Lu QY. Being in love and not being eaten. Frontier in Ecology and Eenvironment, 2020, 6:583.
15) Yu Song, Zhang SJ, YH Zeng, Du XP, Zhu JM, ZH Cai, Zhou J*. The Rhodamine Isothiocyanate Analogue as a Quorum Sensing Inhibitor Has the Potential to Control Microbially-Induced Biofouling, Marine Drugs, 2020, 18, 484.
16) Du XP, Cai ZH, Zuo P, Meng FX, Zhu JM, Zhou J*. Temporal Variability of Virioplankton during a Gymnodinium catenatum Algal Bloom. Microorganisms. 2020;8(1):107.
17) Zhou J, Huang J. Current findings regarding natural components with potential anti-2019-ncov activity. Front. Cell Dev. Biol. 2020, 8:589.
18) Zeng YH, Cai ZH, Zhu JM, Du XP, Zhou J*. Two hierarchical LuxR-LuxI type quorum sensing systems in Novosphingobium activate microcystin degradation through transcriptional regulation of the mlr pathway. Water Research, 2020, 183:111062.
19) Zhou J, Lao YM, Song JT, Jin H, Cai ZH. Temporal heterogeneity of microbial communities and metabolic activities during a natural algal bloom. Water Research, 2020, 116020.
20) Zhou J, Lin ZJ, Cai ZH, Zeng YH, Zhu JM, Du XP. Opportunistic bacteria use quorum sensing to disturb coral symbiotic communities and mediate the occurrence of coral bleaching. Environmental Microbiology. 2020; 22(5):1944-1962.
21) Zhou J, Zhang BY, Yu K, Du XP, Zhu JM, Zeng YH, Cai ZH*. Functional profiles of phycospheric microorganisms during a marine dinoflagellate bloom. Water Research, 2019, 173:115554.
22) Meng FQ, Song JT, Zhou J, Cai ZH. Transcriptomic Profile and Sexual Reproduction-Relevant Genes of Alexandrium minutum in Response to Nutritional Deficiency. Front Microbiol. 2019;10:2629.
23) Zhou J, Chen GF, Ying KZ, Jin H, Song JT, Cai ZH*. Phycosphere microbial succession patterns and assembly mechanisms in a marine dinoﬂagellate bloom. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 2019, 85:e00349-19.
24) Fu M, Chen G, Zhang C, Wang Y, Sun R, Zhou J*. Rapid and sensitive detection method for Karlodinium veneficum by recombinase polymerase amplification coupled with lateral flow dipstick. Harmful Algae. 2019;84:1-9.
25) Zhang C, Chen G, Wang Y, Sun R, Nie X, Zhou J*. MHBMDAA: Membrane-based DNA array with high resolution and sensitivity for toxic microalgae monitoring. Harmful Algae. 2018;80:107-116.
26) Song Y, Cai ZH, Lao YM, Jin H, Ying KZ, Lin GH, Zhou J*. Antibiofilm activity substances derived from coral symbiotic bacterial extract inhibit biofouling by the model strain Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. Microbial Biotechnology, 2018, 11(6):1090-1105.
27) Zhou J, Song X, Zhang CY, Chen GF, Lao YM, Jin H, Cai ZH*. Distribution patterns of microbial community structure along a 7000-mile latitudinal transect from the Mediterranean Sea across the atlantic ocean to the brazilian coastal sea. Microbial Ecology, 2018, 76(3):592-609
1) Jin Zhou (co-editor). Principle and operation technology of medical laboratory instruments. Beijing: Scientific Press, July, 2018.
2) Jin Zhou (co-Editor). Chapter 1−5, in: Encyclopedia of oceans. Beijing: Scientific Press,
3) Jin Zhou, Zhonghua Cai. Microbial Social Interactions in Biofilm. In “Implication of quorum sensing systems in biofilm formation and virulenc”，P.V. Bramhachari, Edit, Springer, 2019.
1) Zhou Jin, Yin Peng. Screening of shiwanella and its application in algae inhibition, China, zl201210596277.6,1 / 2 2017/02/08.
2) Zhou Jin, Ma Zhiping, Cai Zhonghua, LAN Xia. Method for detecting N-acyl-homoserine lactone quorum sensing signal molecules in samples, China ZL201610309598.1 1/3,2018/12/25.
3) Zhou Jin, Wu fan, Cai Zhonghua, Ma Zhiping. A method for inhibiting algae growth by coupling modified clay and algae inhibiting bacteria, China, zl201810493097.2
4) Zhou Jin, Wu fan, Cai Zhonghua, Ma Zhiping. A method for inhibiting algae growth by coupling modified clay and algae inhibiting bacteria, China, zl201810493106.8
5) Zhou Jin, Cai Zhonghua, Ying Kezhen, LAN Xia. Method and application of culturing Haematococcus pluvialis, China, zl201610046699.4
6) Zhou Jin, Zeng Yanhua, Cai Zhonghua, Zhu Jianming, Du Xiaopeng. Primer design for degradation of microcystin aeruginosa, China, acceptance No.: 2021870092
7) Zhou Jin, Du Xiaopeng, Zeng Yanhua, Cai Zhonghua, Cheng Keke. A method for reducing the virulence of pathogenic bacteria by using quorum sensing quenchin, China, acceptance No.: 20210826001.2
8) Zhou Jin, Gao Gao, Cai Zhonghua, Zeng Yanhua, Du Xiaopeng. A method for degrading bisphenol A by bacterial quorum sensing signal, China, acceptance No.: 20210504072259.1
Awards and Honors
1) Zhou Jin, purification, identification and compounding of Trichoderma viride cellulase, Shanghai excellent doctoral dissertation, 2008.
2) Zhou Jin, Chen Guofu, Cai Zhonghua, Tong Mengmeng, Zhang Chunyun, Ying Kezhen, Jin Hui. Algal bloom mechanism and rapid detection technology based on quorum sensing effect, Ministry of natural resources, second prize of China Marine Science and technology award, October 2020.
3) Zhu Xiaoshan, Cai Zhonghua, Zhou Jin. Toxicological effects of typical artificial nanomaterials on marine organisms, second prize of Shenzhen Natural Science Award, December 2019
4) Huang Wei, Cao Liang, Wang Youji, Zhou Jin, Hu Haoyan, Chen Deying, Cai Zhonghua, Zeng Jiangning, Luke, Li Bing, Shaoyang. Toxicological effects and ecological risk assessment of pollutants on the early life history of important marine economic organisms, Ministry of natural resources, China Ocean Engineering Technology Award, second prize, December 2018.